Friday, July 30, 2010

Do you know what it feels like to have your organs fall out

Because I'm pretty sure I do now. This is the first day of my bodies rebellion. My innards do not feel good and are pretty displeased with me right now. Today was interesting enough. I woke up feeling okay and not really that hungover despite a strong drinking effort last night. As I stated before, I set out to have a solid night of pounding beers and ultimately I had a decent night. I was alone for the whole thing which was pretty depressing, but also a blessing because I was focused intently on the task. Jersey Shore season two premiered so I drank a lot while that was on. During this time I was texting curt and ivory, both in Wildwood, NJ. Ivory sent me probably the funniest thing I've ever read. While discussing the cast of characters on the show he said "They are just so far from people I'm used to. It's hard to imagine they walk the same earth." I don't think I could agree more with this statement.

Anyways I pounded 14 beers solo and staggered up to my room thinking about calling it an evening. However, when I got to my computer tyla' baby facebook IMed me and we talked about how things were going. With some encouraging words from him I was able to do another 2 beers and end the night with 16 which I'm relatively happy with. I feel pretty good about my ability to hammer around 15 a night with some beers in the morning. Tonight's going to be pretty clutch though. It's Friday. My friends don't have work tomorrow. I'm looking for a 20+ night. I'm gonna take Tyler's advice and "give it hell and survive the weekend." I'm feeling bold today so I might do a tempo run on coddington. It might be 1,2,3s or it might just be a straight 5 or 6 miles. I'm a firm believer in quality miles and preventing staleness so we'll see how this goes.

But back to this morning, I woke up at 9AM. I have work at 11 on Fridays so I had to be up a little earlier than usual. I decided not to do a morning run this morning and instead drink some beers with my two hours. I honestly felt pretty low this morning about what I was doing to my body. I was on the can, drinking a beer, taking what was my third shit of the morning when I texted curt saying "This is what my life has come to." A few hours later he replied with some solid advice that made me a little less distressed about my current state saying "Man's gotta do what he's gotta do." True story. All though I might not want to do this, it's for the greater good. Get it done with, don't be a bitch, be a legend. So that's just what I'll do. I am reminded of a lyric from This Providence, "It called me to give my whole life, well that's what I'm gonna do."

No comments:

Post a Comment