Thursday, July 29, 2010

The Good Time are Killing Me

Shit just got real. I woke up this morning at around 9:30 because of a text from chili kickin' billy. As is normal most mornings I didn't really remember how I got to my bed. I remember calling it a night at around 12:44. I was seeing double and simply looked at corey and said I couldn't do it anymore. Much love to corey for hanging around and drinking with me until then. The support is much appreciated. However, I'm a little disappointed with my drinking performance last night. I hoped to get into the 20+ range, but failed and only hit 14 for the night. Looking back on it I probably started too late(late is 9PM) and drank too much gatorade before hand not allowing the beer it's proper room.

But I woke up this morning and for the first time this week felt really hungover. I got up to put on my running shit and realized I felt like someone hit me in the face. My left eye feels like it's going to fall out of my face. Having run 60 miles through three days I've allowed myself the convinence of only having to average 10 miles a day though so I only did 5 miles this morning and plan on 5 in the evening. This was probably one of the worst morning runs I've ever done. The worst was the morning after a Beer Pong Thursday in indoor where I woke up at 7AM the day we were leaving for Tufts. I ran for 3 minutes down coddington and almost vomited 4 times before turning back. Then again I also ended up running 8:58 for 3k at that meet so who knows.

The support I've been getting from everyone has really been what's getting me through this. Just about everyone is texting me, iming me, or emailing me telling me to keep it up. I don't think I realized how important and big this was until talking to Olen. We were discussing my beer of choice and he left me with "make us proud." It was pretty much then that I realized that this isn't really just for me. This is for everyone. I'm not doing this alone, I'm doing this with everyone that's ever worn the singlet. Anyways, I'm drinking some morning beers and I'll do my best to keep the pace up and do my team proud.

3 comments:

  1. I've been waiting for a morning like this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those beer pong thursdays are a deceptive killer.I remember the night you were referring to and being hungover on the bus on the way there, however I ran fast too that weekend.


    Conclusion: Beer is good for racing, and keep going Doggy we are all rooting for you!

    p.s. What kind of beer will be your 100th? I suggest hurricane high gravity....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like where your head's at billy boy, definitely should be the last beer that I drink

    ReplyDelete