Sunday, July 25, 2010

On the eve of Battle

Twas the night before 100, 100 and all through the house not a creature was stirring yada yada yada. So I'm about to partake in the 100, 100 and I'm feeling pretty anxious. I'm concerned about starting on a day that I'll be traveling especially a day after racing a 5k in 16:14. This complicates things on both fronts of my effort. The traveling messes up the running in the sense that it will mess up my normal routine and make me rush my morning run(my suspected time back home is around 11 and work is at 1) and it will also cripple me as I do not respond well to long car rides thus making the first day a hassle. It messes up the drinking in that I won't have the time before and after my run to get the planned 5 per morning in. Thus creativity and dedication to the cause shall come into play tomorrow.

My dad and I leave for the long trip at 3AM(3 hours from now). I currently have 2 beers in my room. The plan: Drink one before the road. Drink the other while in the restroom during a bathroom break. Risky? Yes, but I feel that if I down the two before the trip starts I'll have to piss earlier in the trip which never bods well. My dad is a machine when it comes to driving and some how, at the ripe old age of 62, can turn off all of his bodily functions and needs for nutrition and drive for HOURS on end. I on the other hand cannot so this seems like the most logical plan.

Day 1 updates are soon to follow. Stay tuned kiddos.

No comments:

Post a Comment